Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Framed and other developments!

Hey guys,

Gee it's been nearly a month between posts again. So slack I know. I haven't even been on my beloved Homeone forum so don't feel too bad - it's not just the blog I'm neglecting.

Well lots has happened (as you would hope) with the build.

First I had to pay the council for the privlege of opening up the road. Another $800 not budgeted for. *rolls eyes*

Then we had all the external drainage (stormwater grates etc) installed......it that the right word?.........then all the ultilities. It was fabulous just to see a tap with running water! They had also installed up the driveway electricity, with our own power pole, water, gas, telstra etc. Very exciting and I don't think I've seen so many trucks and tradies on the block at once.

Then we had a few more dramas. I had a computer crash and was not online for 3 weeks (no email, internet, nothing) It was a laptop crash, and as the laptop I use is my work one, I had to wait for them to come to a solution before I had access to these again.

Finally I gained access to email remotely for a day, and saw a note from the builder needing me to clear the excess soil off the block, as they were waiting to deliver the frames. Oh gosh why didn't someone call me? It was partially my own fault - I had explained to the builder that they were to email me (you know, to always have it in writing). So with me not getting the email, then having to organise the removal of the excess dirt, we had pushed the frame delivery back a few weeks.

But the great news is we are now the proud owners of a first floor with joists, with a view to a second story hopefully by the end of the week.

The carpenters worked until about 4.45pm last night and are just powering through. We went down this morning to see if any of the second story is up, but not yet.

And the other great thing is that the builders timeframe of delivery has been spot on. As we are a battleaxe, there isn't room to store the frames etc. So we had a delivery of the ground floor Monday, Wednesday we received the second floor, and we must be on track to recieve the roof for Friday.

I must say this has been the most exciting part. Walking through the house with walls, you finally get to see those plans come to life. Remember this house isn't on display, so we weren't able to walk through, and we made so many changes it was a little leap of faith. God I'm loving my storage already! Only one area I don't know what I'll do with. But hey, I'm sure I'll work it out.

And to top it off - I received the 2011 Ikea catelogue in the mail today. Now I'm furnishing the house!

Oh I promise pictures when I get them off the camera.

Cheers
Bel :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay bel!!!!!!!!! *jumping up & down*
    It's powering along. Can't wait for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally some updates Bel! Looks like it's full steam ahead now, pics please!
    Frames now soon bricks, so exciting. Congrats.
    jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Frame stage with walk through really makes an impact. The floorplan is coming to life!!

    BTW do you have any more fill you don't need? I'd be happy to act as dumping site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh if I knew you needed fill we had sooooo much to get rid of!!! We got rid of most of it, and kept a bit up the back for back filling once the place is built. Darn!

    ReplyDelete