Saturday, March 28, 2009

Starting again

Well we have started the process of looking for a new plan/builder. There have been a lot of positive reports that Westminster will trade out of trouble, I just can't trust them anymore. I almost feel like a betrayed lover.

I'm such an educated buyer of a home this time - in so many different ways. I understand our block and it's limitations, understand our Council and it's quirks (wall articulation etc), understand our budget meaning I can look at a base price and know if we can afford it.

So we are looking around for that house and builder. It's still going to be what can we build on our block in our budget that suits our needs. But we are another day closer to the dream.

B xxx

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Frigging hell

Ok I'm allowed to say this as I've had the 48 hours from hell.

W3stm1nster Homes are having cash flow problems, and will know by the end of the week if they are to continue trading.

Arggghhh, I've spent hours crying over this - yes I'm an emotional person - I don't think this blog explains the full extent of what we have gone through in the past 18 months. It's basically been a waiting game, and we thought we had an end in sight.

So, what will we do.

I personally don't know how the Bank's extending the builder more credit will help with their problems. Isn't it robbing Peter to pay Paul??? Interesting enough on the ASIC website, someone in the company has either jumped ship, or joined. I'm guessing jumped ship to try and protect their assets before they go under.

Dave and I will look at all our options now.

Maybe because we are far more knowledgeable this time around, the process won't be so drawn out.

Hell at least this might be the catalyst to get rid of this terrible rental.

Oh, and themax - I might even get a builder that uses Dulux paints!!! (A bit of humour in a shit time doesn't hurt anyone)

Will keep you updated.

B x x

Edit - doesn't a few hours make a difference. They are officially under the control of an Administrator. Will post an update soon. Apprantely we will be receiving an email direct from the Adminstrator this afternoon. Off to check emails.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Are we there yet?

I feel like a child in a long car trip asking "Are we there yet?". Once more, you might have guessed it, I don't have a lot to report.

I think the demo guy is trying to do a dodgy on us, by saying we have asbestos under the concrete slab of the old garage. I'll be asking for proof of this, as I believe the garage would have been built not that long ago probably mid to late 80's.

The builder is still trying to get the final engineering reports, apparently one of our neighbours does not want the engineers to access their house, so they can't get the damn report done, therefore no construction certificate for us.

I have asked the builder to chase this report and they are calling me back tommorrow with an update. I think I've made it clear I'm over and want a house.

We have chosen White Smoke as our trim color, not our first choice but the closest to the look we are after. I'm sure once we are in I won't even notice it!

That's about it at the moment!

B x x x

Monday, March 9, 2009

We have a decision - almost!

After much investigating from my pal "themax" from Homeone, and myself, we have finally gotten to the bottom of our internal wall color dilemma.

We were told a straight out no to using a Dulux color, not even mixing the color in Taubmans paint. So I have been on a quest to find an equilivant color to Dulux's Hogsbristle. Well today I received a nice suprise in the mail from my pal "Southies" from Homeone, an A4 color swatch of Moonriver. I'm liking it :)

Here it is with the kitchen and bathroom stone and cupboard colors. You can't really tell with this picture (my photography skills are crap), but it does all go together! As a reminder, Kitchen is Quantum Quartz Luna White with White Gloss cupboards, Bathroom is Quantum Quartz New Mink with White Matt vanities. Have asked how much to upgrade vanities to gloss!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Not much to update

Well here we are in March, and lo and behold we aren't really that much closer on the start date.

I have been following up the demo guys to take away the skip bin, and clear the rest of the junk on the site.

Have also been waiting to find out how the engineering reports are going from the builder. I gather no news is good news! (Hopeful aren't I :) )

Still having troubles with the internal paint colors - I've been told by the builder the only real option is to go back into the display room at Baulkham Hills and pick the color from there. Hmmm with the kids it's impossible. DH might have to take the day off. Last time I went it took me nearly 2 hrs in Sydney peak hour traffic. Don't want to do that again!

Also not happy with the kitchen - think I'll ask to go to the kitchen company they use and get their design ideas. Kitchen isn't big enough for everything I want in there!

Also called a timber floor company, and looks like we will get solid timber floors downstairs in the entry, hallway, kitchen, meals and family. Will try and get out there Saturday with the troops to see the timber in real life!

That's all for now. Gotta go and met with an arborist onsite to see how much he is going to charge me to work to our tree management plan as part of our DA approval conditions. (More money *sigh* less upgrade *double sigh*)